1. AELS exerts its tumoricidal and carcinostatic action only when it is directly in touch with the tumor cells; it will lose its effect when absorbed and catabolized in the body.
2. Methods The control effect of AELS on transplanted tumors (EAC, P388, L1210 and S180) was observed in mice through three administration routes:intraperitoneal injection, intramuscular injection, and gavage; relevant in vitro carcinostatic tests were also made.
3. Objective Using HL-60 cells as the target to observe the apoptosis-inducing effect of a aqueous extract of lignum sappan (AELS).
4. Objective To observe the control effect of aqueous extract of lignum sappan (AELS) on ulcerative colitis (UC)(TNF - α, IL-6); and to explore the curative mechanism of AELS on UC.
5. But the in vitro tests showed AELS has a certain cytocidal action on various tumor cells, and there was a close dose-effect relationship found in the tests.